Health benefits of Jeera water
“Indian cuisine without cumin is actually impossible” using cumin in the Indian kitchen is actually a traditional method that is followed from ancient times. It is actually used as a spice in most Indian dishes and is noted for its aroma and flavor. They are actually native to Asia and is one of the valuable spices of India.
It has a lot of nutritional benefits :
Having 100 grams of cumin may give the following nutrients :
- Calories – 375 kcal
- Total fat – 22 grams
- Protein – 18 grams
- Total carbohydrate – 44 grams
The other nutrients present are
Iron, Potassium, Sodium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C
It has both flavoring properties and medicinal properties.
The most common traditional use of jeera is ingestion.
- Jeera increases the enzyme activity that potentially speeds up the digestion. It increases the secretion of bile that helps in digesting fats easily.
- It may reduce the symptoms of Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Having jeera soaked in hot water may help you in reducing acidity, indigestion problems that clean your gut and help you in avoiding the growth of microorganisms in the internal lining.
- The aroma which is extracted from the presence of an organic compound named Cuminaldehyde immediately activates all the important salivary glands, which helps in facilitating the digestion of food.
- Also a special compound, thymol is present in jeera that helps in the proper secretion of bile.
It is a rich source of Iron :
- Jeera is one of the richest sources of iron , many people around the world don’t get enough iron. Cumin is very dense in iron, providing almost 20% of your daily iron in one teaspoon.
- Having jeera water will help you in increasing your iron levels .
- It also helps in reducing the risks of anaemia .
It contains a lot of plant compounds :
- Cumin contains lots of plant compounds that are linked with potential health benefits, such as phenols, flavonoids and alkaloids.
- The function of antioxidants, which are chemicals that reduce damage to your body from free radicals.
- The oxidation of fatty acids in your arteries leads to clogged arteries and heart disease. So this can be inhibited by antioxidants as they inhibit the growth of microorganisms.
- It acts as a painkiller and is especially beneficial in curing stomach ache and abdominal pain.
Boosts immunity :
- It is essential to drink jeera water to maintain the normal functionality of your immunity system. It fights diseases and reduces your chances of falling sick.
- The presence of vitamin c and vitamin helps in also boosting the immunity levels in the body.
- It reduces the inflammation caused due to cough, cold, flu.
Increases lactation :
- Since cumin contains a significant amount of iron, thus it is a must for women who are having menses or women who are pregnant, as they need more iron. Thus for lactating mothers consuming cumin could benefit a lot
Fights colds :
- Viral infections that leads to cold ,flu that bothers the immune system can be treated with the helps of cumin water . It acts as a disinfectant.
Aids Respiratory system 🙁 cures bronchitis and asthma)
- Jeera water also has a positive impact on your respiratory system. It is an anti-congestive by nature, and helps get rid of the mucous accumulated in your chest.
- A glassful of jeera water first thing in the morning could help manage any respiratory disorder better.
- The presence of highly aromatic substances in cumin helps in curing from respiratory issues such as bronchitis and asthma. It also eliminates the formation of phlegm and mucus .
Boosts energy :
- They are natural energy boosters ,they are packed with various nutrients which help the body to keep energetic,reduces fatigue, increases the metabolic rate.
Cures piles :
- The main reason for piles is due to constipation that is caused by infections in the anal tract.
- Due the presence of fibre in cumin , it is a natural laxative and also has other properties such as antimicrobial , antifungal , antifungal .
- So thus it will clear the symptoms of piles.
Prevents diabetes :
- Helps in declining the hypoglycemia levels thus reducing the diabetes levels in the body.
Other methods :
- Apart from drinking it in warm water, you can drink it with lemon juice as well. All you have to do is soak two tbsp. of cumin seeds in a cup of water overnight and drink it the following morning with half a lemon’s juice.
- Another beneficial way to drink cumin water is to mix it with cinnamon powder. Soak cumin seeds in a cup of water overnight and in the morning, add cinnamon powder to it. Boil it for a few minutes and drink this healthy concoction.